Thursday, July 07, 2005

Straight into Gay America

A big Thanx to A day in the life of Mr. Chris for having this link up on his blog!!!! :D



I think this is a FABULOUS undertaking!!!!! And a most unique way to explore our country and the people within it!!! :D :D

Anyone who knows me, knows I am very much straight, but that I FULLY support the gay community! All of this anti-gay sentiment and hate is just downright sad and angering to me. Why must people always have to have someone to hate? :( What did they ever do to you? Or to anybody? People are people.... and everyone should have the right to love! Whatever happens between consenting adults is nobody's business but theirs!

And for those of you following current conversations on others blogs... here's a PERFECT example of why seperation of church and state is SO crucial!!!!!!!!! The ONLY reason to ban gay marriage is a religious one :( You remove religion from the law and there is nothing left to do but to accept that they have the right to marry their loved partner, just like any straight person does! I guess this is probably one of the reasons why some religous people fight tooth and nail to keep religion in politics :( So sad.

But....... on to better things! This Unicycle ride across America is KICK ASS!!!!!!! This Lars guy is obviously a fantastic person to undertake such a feat for such a purpose! Wishing him all the best! I hope that it opens some eyes and hearts :D :D

Oh, I just wanted to add this afterthought.....

The Great thing about living in a "Free" Nation is that we all have rights and responsibilities. We should all have the Right as consenting adults to love whom we love and marry accordingly. And the wonderful thing in this country is that we don't have to agree or approve of people's rights! So, you have the right to disagree with gay marriage and gay life......... but they too should have the right to be who they are! You shouldn't be allowed to BAN other human's rights based on YOUR concepts of what is religiously right and wrong. It's just not right...... and I would imagine plenty of our fore-fathers are rolling in their graves considering how some people have used the government that they set up for us. And I would imagine Jesus himself would be appalled by the Hate involved. Even if Jesus and God don't agree with homosexuality, which, I still don't believe from what I have read in the bible that it is a "truth", I can't imagine that there would be ANY hate involved. God gave man free-will after all. And if it harms no-one....... who thinks himself more powerful than God to strike out at those who only seek to be themselves? I can't help but think that those that HATE gays have internal issues that need to be addressed. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home