Monday, July 11, 2005

Favorite Books from Childhood! :D

Just thought that I would share! :D

As a young child, I had a few FAVORITE books!!!! One The Voyage of Jim I was lucky enough to keep safe and with me to this very day :D I like to take it to my children's classes during reading month to share :) Another, The Monkey's Whiskers is one that I FINALLY found the actual title of and ordered off of Amazon :) And last but not least... Naughty Nancy :D That one I crazily ran across at the Dollar Tree a couple years back :)

The Voyage of Jim is about this little mouse who goes on an awesome adventure to visit his friend Eliza in the city. He stows away on a ship, gets lost in a storm and ends up on an island where he meets native jungle mice, before he is swept off by hunters, once again on his way to the city :) I just LOVE this story!!!! And the illustrations are gorgeous and fun.

The Monkey's Whiskers is a folk tale about a naughty little monkey who loses his whiskers and makes the barber give him his barber's knife when they cannot be re-attached. He then makes bad deals with other characters in the book that all result in an unwanted end for the monkey. It is a most unusual folk tale with a moral.

Naughty Nancy is about a little mouse flower girl and the trouble she gets into at the wedding! Each set of pages has a half page that flips and reveals the mishief that Nancy is getting into! I always thought this book was so much fun!!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home